Junior Club Rules
Guildford Orienteers (GO) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well- being of all its members.
GO believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with GO should, at all times, show respect for each other, be encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of GO with the Designated Officer:
Barbara Lugton, Tel. 01483 476774 or the BOF Designated Officer:
Alex Ross, Tel: 01629 734042
As a member of Guildford Orienteers you are expected to abide by the following junior club rules:
- All members must compete within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach or team manager
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke, or to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind, at training sessions or when representing GO in competitions
It’s important to follow these rules to make sure everyone can orienteer in a friendly and safe environment but remember to have fun too!
This policy was adopted by GO committee and is effective from December 2004.